Monday, November 7, 2011

Q and A Big Panel Continued...

Half way through our panel discussion.  Here are two more questions and answers for you on this Monday morning.  Enjoy the week everyone!

Question 5:  What do you do to celebrate birthdays and holidays?  Do you give a gift?
BB – Erick:  I bring cards, gifts and candy for birthdays and holidays.

BS – Jen:  My Little Sister’s birthday is a couple days before Christmas so I usually get her a couple of smaller items such as lotion from Bath and Body Works, a $5 gift card to Starbucks, or maybe some fun socks or something like that.  I gave her an ornament as well that reminded her of our time together.

BS – Mary:  We have not experienced the holidays together yet, but my Little had her birthday a few weeks after our match meeting.  Since we had just met a few weeks ago, I thought it would be best to send a nice card in the mail wishing her a happy birthday.  Next year, I may do something more but felt that was the most appropriate at the time.  For the holidays, I might get together and do something more special, such as Pursuing Picasso or Bead Happy.  My Little has been asking to do pottery so the holidays might be more fitting to do this type of activity together.  As far as gift giving, I know my Little likes to shop so I might give her a gift card to her favorite store and we could go shopping together so she can use the card or buy her a new book since she has expressed an interest in reading.

Question 6:  What is the biggest improvement you have seen with your Little?
BB – Erick:  Improved skills in all areas of school – reading, writing, math, etc

BS – Mary:  With the new school year, I have seen a change in my Little’s feelings toward school and friendships.  Last year she had troubles with a few classmates and now moving into middle school she has already made new friendships and has a more positive outlook on school.  I was hesitant with how middle school would be for her, but am happy to hear her response every time when I ask her about school and classmates.  I plan to continue to talk to her about school and help boost her self-confidence by encouraging her to follow her interests and give her more of a voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment