Thursday, November 3, 2011

Q & A Big Panel Discussion

As we mentioned yesterday, we would like to use a portion of this blog to further educate our Bigs.  Why not get started right away by presenting the information we gathered during our Q and A panel with seasoned Bigs.  Unfortunately, we could not hold this training in person, but have no fear, the information is here! 


We asked a total of nine questions to our panel of Bigs from the School Based and Community Based programs.  Each day we will post two questions and the responses we received.  If you have any comments or questions you would like to ask our panel please let us know!


Question 1:  What has been your biggest struggle with your match?  How did you handle this?
BB – Erick:  Getting my Little Brother to open up about personal/family stuff and how he is doing with school.  I just kept talking to him and asking questions without being too pushy.  I developed a friendship and trust.

BS – Jen:  I think our biggest struggle is finding time to hang out.  My Little Sister has many activities, sports, etc she is involved in.  She also spends every other weekend at her dad’s house.  I try to be patient with her and flexible with her schedule.  I think we get along great so it is nice to have a friend.  I think it is good she is involved in a lot, she is well rounded. 


BS – Mary:  I cannot say I have had a big struggle at this point in my match.  However, I have learned to plan as much in advance as possible on my end to be sure I find the time to meet with my Little Sister on a regular basis.


Question 2:  What is your favorite thing to do on your visits?

BB – Erick:  Play games – cards, dominoes, board games, games on the iPad.

BS – Mary:  My Little loves to do crafts so we find some crafty thing to do together often.  We love going to the Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) office and picking out items in their resource room as well.  This past summer we would check out games and craft items and then head to a park to play the games or put together the crafts.  It was a great way to get outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment